Sunday, October 21, 2007

I spent the afternoon hanging out with some new acquaintances from church. One of the girls made an interesting (albeit, trite) point: you can't compare people or replace people with people.
Yes, you're probably rolling your eyes, "Oh, A. once again, you're so not original."

I think she has a point though, and although it may not be an eloquent or witty phrase, I think she is right. I've been missing people from my past these few weeks. And, been rather disappointed with some of the new people I have been meeting. Her comment was a well deserved verbal slap in the face. I've been expecting these new acquaintances to behave like my old friends. Really it's no wonder I've been disappointed - I've been expecting the impossible. No wonder someone got annoyed with me for being so mean today.

Last week I tried to work on my character flaw of self-centeredness. Judging from how this afternoon has gone, I think I need to work on my lack of acceptance of others.

No comments: