Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The grape vine

Yes, it's true. Rumours have started swirling. It was only a matter of time I guess. My girlfriend called me today to fill me in on the latest...


Apparently I am engaged.


Not only that, I apparently drove to Red Deer yesterday to inform my parents I was getting married in September.



Yeah. Next thing I know I'll apparently be pregnant and and moving to Malaysia.

So. In the interest of public information and keeping up with everyone else's business, let me clarify the situation. (Although, let me state that this technically isn't your business. But, as with everything else on my blog, I'm "sharing" this information with you.)

Yes, I am seeing someone. Yes, we are past the "just friends" stage. However, we are not (need me to repeat that?), we are not, N-O-T, engaged, betrothed, living together, or secretly married and as such we are not separated, divorced, taking a break or seeing other individuals. Is that clear?

Secondly, the whole Red Deer story. Where do I start? My parents to do not live in Red Deer. They do however, know my current relationship status. And, they also know that I would not be so presumptuous as to inform them who I am planning on marrying and when. Come on, what do you take me for?

That out of the way, you might like to know that yes, I did go to Red Deer, and yes, he did come with me. We did not go to meet parents or scout out possible elopement getaways (Red Deer? Come on, if I were to elope, Red Deer is not the place to do it!). We went to hang out with my favourite (and absolute best cousin in the world) and her fiancee as well as visit my aunt and uncle with their cute little girl and wannabe-Panther cat. Yes, we had a marvelous time.


Now you know the latest rumours about me and the facts behind them. I almost feel as if I should apologize that they weren't more glamorous. Maybe next time someone could start a rumour about me having a house in French Polynesia or owning five pairs of Manolo Blahniks.



P.S. Special shout out to C who was brave enough to face my indignation and let me know what was circulating. Thanks girl! You're one in a million. It's great to know that I've got you to watch my back.