Saturday, September 10, 2011

Classy

I don't know about you, but I've always dreamed of owning a sports car. Not one of the wannabe cool North American models, no, they're really not my style. No, I'd go for the 2008 Audi R8.





One of my mom's cousins recently bought a new sports car and brought it with him to a large family gathering. People showing off their sports cars is nothing new. But my uncle did something completely out of the ordinary - he gave the keys to anyone who wanted to take his new car out for a spin. Siblings, cousins, cousin's kids - any family member who had a driver's license, could take his Porsche for a ride.

That was a couple weeks ago and I'm still blown away by his generosity and willingness to share his treasure with others. What a classy move....

...If I ever do own an Audi R8, I hope I'm as generous and willing to share as he is.

2 comments:

Cara Birkholz said...

so what's so special about the 2008 version? why not the new one? just asking - I know nothing about cars :)

Anna Elisabeth said...

I'm sure there's a host of differences between the 2008 and the newer models...I just prefer the 2008.