Sunday, July 17, 2011

Waging war in the kitchen

I had a box of luscious nectarines and white peaches sitting beside the stove for the past two weeks. With company coming this weekend I figured we'd finish the box no problem. Guess I didn't really count on how little time we'd spend in the house given that the Stampede's in town and the weather is gorgeous (oh, and that there's almost no mosquitoes!).

Yesterday I noticed one of those red fruit flies buzzing around my kitchen. Not good. This morning when I reached over my box of fruit a couple more flew into the air. Those intruders were eating my fruit. This is war!

In times of crisis, we must not panic. Instead, we must face the enemy head on, with determination and bravery. Even if it means sacrificing Sunday afternoons to work in the kitchen. Man the battlestations!

Or, in my case, the blender. I'm making sorbet: one nectarine and one white peach and spearmint. Should be delicious! Who knew war could be so fun?



Hmmm, since I'm at it and the dishes are already dirty, I think I'll make a raspberry/blackberry sorbet too.

2 comments:

Cara Birkholz said...

you're back! oh goodie :)

Anonymous said...

normally I wouldn't help fight a war that's not really mine but in this case I had to. yum