Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday

I am thrilled to be here. So far this weekend has been absolutely great. I have very little homework which means I don't have to spend my time couped up inside and to make it even better, the weather is absolutely fabulous. Almost no homework and 27 degrees - who can complain about that?

During the morning I took care of the glamours aspect of life (laundary, cleaning, etc.) and had a chance to talk with a friend back in Canada. (Isn't Skype great?)

For lunch I met up with a girlfriend and we ordered salads at a local turkish cafe. Fresh vegetables and goatcheese sprinkled with oil - delicious. As it turned out my girlfriend knows the waiter and we ended up paying €3.50 each for our meals.

The next few hours we wandered up and down the Mariahilferstrasse. You know I love to go window shopping, but window shopping with a clean conscience? That was priceless. The past few weeks I haven't gone because my conscience was nagging me. "You have an exam you should be studying for. That assignment is due on Tuesday - you're not going to wait until the last second to finish it are you? Stop thinking about shoes. Focus. You're supposed to be thinking about Jesse Garrett's principles on user experience in information architecture remember?" Yeah. It was nice to shop with out that little voice.

2 comments:

marcella said...

mmmm... 27 degrees... I can't wait until it finally gets warm enough here! Wish I was there!

Anna Elisabeth said...

Wish you were here too. Can you imagine what fun we would have?