Saturday, May 5, 2007

"I'll have an espresso please."

Four hours - three different espressos.

A classmate called me in the early afternoon. "What are you doing?"

"Homework."

"I should have known. Want to go for coffee?"

"Sure. I'll be there in 45 minutes."

That was the end of conujugating verbs. I packed up my homework, jumped in the shower and off I went.

We met in one of the little cafe's in the Museumsquartier. My classmate works for Nespresso - one of the main coffee companies in Europe. His sister works for Meinl - a traditional Viennese coffee company. Needless to say, when it comes to coffee he knows what he's talking about. What started out as meeting for a simple cup of coffee turned into almost five hours of walking through the Alt Stadt in search of the perfect roast.

Delicious. I think I should start drinking coffee more often. Anyone else want a refill?

2 comments:

Il grande chef said...

Very interesting blog.
Bye Bye

Anonymous said...

Oh, you know it girl!
I am seriously envying you right now!

You are only missing one thing - the thread-bare old chairs from you know where....

:-)