Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So...here's the deal. Tomorrow I am cooking a Canadian meal for my guest family and members of their extended family. It's going to be a rather large production so I have a lot to get ready for. As a result I can't post much now, but I'll give you a brief overview of my schedule in Spain.

03.07 - Arrived in Barcelona
Saw the Mediterranean for the first time in my life. The sun's last rays were shimmering across the dimpled water. It reminded me of dew on the yellow roses in my Grandpa's garden.

04.07 - Barcelona
Walked along Passeig de Gracia, snapped a few pictures of Caso Batllo and wandered down to Platja de la Barceloneta.

05.07 - Barcelona
Shopping on my own in the grocery store: bought a nectarine from Chile, yellow plum from Andalusia and a red plum from Valencia. Strolled down Av del Portal de l'Angel and La Rambla.
In the evening headed out to the countryside after looking at Sagrada Familia.

06.07 - Montserrat and in Platja d'Aro
In the morning explored the local market and countryside around M's hometown. Met an American and his little daughter who wanted to be my best friend - she took pictures with us and wanted to go exploring together.
Once M got home from work we headed out to Platja d'Aro for a stroll along the beach, some Spanish delicacies and a night on the town. Amazing.

07.07 - Platja d'Aro
Beach. Beach. Beach. Oh, and more beach.
In the evening went boating with M's family. I got to drive. We stopped along a rocky cliff face and went swimming.

08.07 - Cap de Creus and Cadaques
Drove to Spain's easternmost tip, met up with a bunch of M's friends and spent the afternoon in a secluded cove. Besides laying on the beach we went swimming, snorkeling and cliff jumping.
In the evening we stopped for refreshments (and souvenirs) in Cadaques.

09.07 - Barcelona
Took the train back to Barcelona. Exploring and shopping.

10.07 - Barcelona to Vienna
Snapped the last few pictures. Had an hour long delay at the airport but managed to stay far away from the designer boutiques. I paid €3.4o for water though.

No comments: