Friday, June 29, 2007

A little turn

Tomorrow came...and in seven minutes it'll be gone.

I'm still alive. I made it through my exam well - I think. Three questions, fourty-five minutes on NPO communication and fundraising.

I also made it through the impromptu coffee excursion with half the class. I made it through hanging out with a friend before he leaves. I made it through walking into my favourite coffee store for the last time. I made it through a pair of deep blue eyes and I almost made it through shoe shopping with my friend.

Almost. That's when the tears came. Not gushing though (bawling in public? in a shoe store? there weren't even any expensive shoes to justify my outburst - so of course I couldn't really let it all out).

But she knew. She looked at me sitting there, my bag and jacket on the floor, two pairs of shoes on my lap - trying to find words to express my sorrow. Tears welling in my eyes. And she looked at me and listened. Thank you God, for creating ears. She looked at me and listened. And then she smiled, ever so faintly. Not a smirk. Not a grin. A little turn of the lips. "I feel your pain. I see you hurting. I know. But it'll be ok. You'll be ok."

Thank you D.

No comments: