Wednesday, March 7, 2007

One down....well, almost.

Ladies and gentlemen, it give me great pleasure (sort of) to announce I have completed my first European course (kinda...still have the final exam to write on the 22.03).
What an amazing course it was: Global aspects of integrated communication - eighteen hours of lecture in three days and it's done. The course was amazing, the instructor? Even more amazing. It seems the instructors here are extremely well qualified (as in ten years+ experience - in this case Director of Communications for a major airline, stationed in five different continents for lengthy periods of time) and well-educated.
One thing I really enjoyed about this Prof was that he knew what he was talking about. Not only did he know the subject matter well, but he also managed to keep thirty or so students interested (hard when the lecture goes on for six hours). Between mini-quizzes and group work he taught us theories and told us stories from his own experiences. In short - he was the ideal professor.
To be honest I'm sad this course is over. While I don't agree with all his reasons on why American (US) culture is the way it is and I would have liked more detail on Arab culture, I was really impressed. I love coming away from a class thinking, "Wow, that was amazing. I was challenged but absolutely loved it.". Too bad it's over.

(I hope all my other courses are that good.)

(Oh, on a side note: I have some interesting facts about human error in the cockpit....I'll post them one day for you to read and think about...they have some interesting connotations on how culture impacts mankind.)

No comments: