Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I made it

Just a quick little post to let you all know I'm now in Vienna. The flight to Frankfurt went well and I was able to get some sleep. There's more to the story, but I'll save that for when I am able to upload some photos.

Last night I went to take a look at an apartment. I'd heard about it in Canada but was concerned with how expensive it was. Well now I know why. The place has an understated elegance to it with high ceilings, wooden floors and the typical minimalistic European furniture. My room is large (probably 4x the size of my room at home) and faces east. I'd be sharing the apartment with a couple (their youngest son is off on an exchange in Dublin so they're renting his room). The couple is friendly and reminded one of my girlfriends (I took two with me) of her parents which, from the sound of things is good.

Today the plan is to look around for other apartments and maybe go into downtown. Keep checking in as I plan on doing a number of posts in the next few days and sharing a number of "firsts" you might enjoy reading about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it. Don't worry, you'll find a place to live. Miss you :)

Basilicca