Friday, January 12, 2007

Only 17 days left

That's right. Only 17 days before I'm off to Europe. Am I excited? Oh yes. Am I nervous? Of course.
I have my visa and already am enrolled in a couple of classes. The one major item that I'm still looking to resolve is residence. Some friends have agreed to let me stay with them the first few days, so I won't be going from the airport to the street. Once in Vienna I'm hoping to secure living accommodations in the fifth, sixth, seventh or eighth districts as those are relatively close to school and to downtown. Regardless of which district I end up in though, Vienna is said to have a good transit system so I'm not too worried about location.
Last semester I met two Austrian exchange students who have already offered to show me around and take me sightseeing. Having someone who is familiar not only with the city but also the school and the culture is such a relief. I'm know I'm going to suffer some degree of culture shock. As a result, I'm depending on you all to post lots of comments and help me keep from giving up. After all Aut disce aut discede - either learn or leave.
I'm determined to learn.

1 comment:

Little Miss Domestica said...

Hello Anna. I will miss you on your trip. I will send you stuff!