Friday, January 26, 2007

Traveling via my taste buds


I'm downstairs in the sitting room looking for appartments in Vienna. I can hear dishes clanking as Chris sets the table. Delicious smells are wafting through the house. I'm transported across the ocean to another continent. The sun is beating down on my head. Children are playing in street. Exotic sounds and smells surround me.

Ok. Not quite transported, but it sure smells good. Over the past few months Chris has been coming home with tales of delicious lunches and food so spicy he's been brought to tears. We of course are very curious. What are we missing out on?

Tonight we'll find out. John (one of Chris's friends) is from Liberia. He came over for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in October and has been offering to cook a traditional West African dinner for us ever since. I was excited. A chance to explore another continent via my taste buds? Woohoo! Sign me up.

So here we have one of the many dishes John and Chris are currently preparing. In this one is a mix of beans, mushrooms, peppers, chicken and a long list of spices. I can hardly wait till they're finished. It smells amazing...care to drop by for supper?

No comments: