Thursday, February 1, 2007

I'm moving...

As you may have already heard, I have found a room to move into. Thank you for all your prayers and words of encouragement regarding this.

I don't have all the pictures and information now, but as I move in tomorrow evening expect an update with pictures and more detailed information soon.

I'll be living in the 7 district (7. Bezirk as it's known here) on the Stiftgasse which connects to Mariahilferstrasse. Mariahilferstrasse is one of the main shopping streets in Vienna and also leads to the MQ (were all the museums are) and into downtown. It's also close to two underground lines and plenty of buses and S-bahns which makes it easier for me access the rest of the city.

The apartment itself is on the first floor (Germans and Austrians don't count the ground floor). I share an apartment with an older couple (they're renting their son's room while he's gone on a school exchange). You should really all come for a visit. I have a huge room (probably close to 4x the size of my room at home) with high (ca. 20 ft.) ceilings and yes, you guessed it, hardwood floor. Woohoo! I have a large east facing window and can enter my room through the dining room or also through a hallway that leads to the kitchen, a guest bedroom, a washroom and the entrance. I'll write more later.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Glad to hear you found a place to live. With your room it sounds like you could almost pretend you were living in that castle...well maybe not quite.

Anonymous said...

Loving the hardwood floor part...and that you are in such a perfect location! :-)Is this where I get to say "I told you so??" LOL

marcella said...

That sounds awesome!

Can't wait to see pictures!!!