Monday, February 5, 2007

My first Sunday

(Backpost from Sunday, February 4, 2007)

I left the house at 9:50 a.m. to attend Calvary Wien (Caroline's church). As I was walking along the Mariahilferstrasse to the U-bahn something caught my attention. There, walking towards me was a little piece of home. I looked again. No, I must be mistaken. Could it be? Really? Here in Vienna? A little piece of home? I blinked and looked closer. Yes, it was definitely a piece of home. Fantastic. Really truly fantastic. There, walking towards me was a girl proudly wearing...wait for it...an Oilers t-shirt. Sweet.

I made it to Calvary Wien a few minutes before the service started. It's a small (as in 50 people) congregation. Worship was rather interesting as all the songs had either German or English subtitles. The congregation is quite international. I met individuals from Iran, Turkey, Russia, the United States and a couple from South Africa who reminded me of wonderful family friends.

On a side note: I think I need an official editor's hat. Today I've caught myself editing everything from the worship slides to the writing on my coffee mug to the music titles on my media player. My English teachers would be proud.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Anna,
happy to have found your blog! Hope things are going well for you - and, if you ever need something really decadent, go get yourself a wonderful slice of Sachertorte (a chocolate lovers dream). All the best! Keep blogging!

Little Miss Domestica said...

Yay! Mean Jean strikes again!

I'll send you an Oilers shirt as soon as I get you address....

S.

Little Miss Domestica said...

your address, not you address...

sheesh...